Apr 9, 2011
tools + productivity
English (United States)
Rating (current version)
Not yet rated
Publisher's DescriptionCreate apps on your phone, share them with other people! Create fun games and automate recurring tasks. Query the phone sensors and send web requests to the cloud. You compose programs by tapping on the screen.
NOTE: Your phone doesn't need a gyroscope to install or use this app. If your phone includes a gyroscope, the app uses it to enhance the precision of motion-related functions.
Update v2.11: bug fixes
Features added in previous updates:
- Tutorial videos: Learn how to create cool apps step-by-step
- Synthesis: When you search for available commands, just say what you want to do, and TouchDevelop will try to write the script code for you
- Trace + replay (experimental): Watch a script run again
- Crash debugging: When a script fails, inspect the stack trace
- Access to accelerometer, location, maps, translation services, web search, tile customization, charting, live camera, geo augmented reality, share on Facebook or Twitter, and more
- Events: write actions that get invoked on certain external stimuli
- Design simple UIs by creating nested pages with buttons
- Earn money by submitting the apps you create to the Windows Phone Marketplace
- “Take the tour!” tutorial: learn how to write a script that plays random songs by shaking your phone
- Take screenshots, write comments, reply to comments, and compete on leaderboards
- Fast game and physics engine
- Use colors, pictures + sounds from the web as art
- Get push notifications when someone does something related to your scripts
- "Pin to start" any script action to the phone start screen
- Define custom structured data types, objects, tables
- Create and reuse code with libraries
Get it with Microsoft Tag
|Take a pic of the Tag with your Windows Phone 7 device, to download this app from the Marketplace.|
Keep improving this app for us Microsoft it works great! Good job with the update guys and gals sign up for the beta for the new touch develop beta with Windows 8 support! Also don't forget to rate your apps with a good description and a proper rating welcome to the Windows community!😃
May 19, 2013
Needs WP8 Support
May 15, 2013
Very good Thanks.
May 15, 2013
Lighter, faster, more powerful!
May 12, 2013
Nice easy to use app for making apps!
May 11, 2013
I can't believe how simple it is to deal with JSon web services in this tiny ui. Color me impressed!
May 6, 2013
Love it especially since I'm a Dreamsparks student.
May 3, 2013
Apr 23, 2013
Wish Microsoft would let us access the ringer/vibration mode etc. to make it more usable
Apr 22, 2013
There's a bit of a leaning curve to navigate the "calculator", but lots of potential for creating basic apps. The calculator is a touch based script editor.
Apr 20, 2013
The most amazing tool for a mobile device.
Apr 14, 2013
Apr 3, 2013
Great app. Not sure why Microsoft decided to put time and money into this, its not a huge tool for real devs.
Mar 30, 2013
This app is amazing ! Sharing with everyone I know who loves to make apps
Mar 27, 2013
Mar 25, 2013
But good app! Highly recommended. Just Want To Access ALL system Info Like: • Memory • Battery Percent • Network Info • IP Address • A Directory Of Items On Your Phone • And Other Info Easily! • Also So Many Other Things That Are Used For Command Prompt PS: Trying To Make A Command Prompt App And I Need Easier!
Mar 24, 2013
Mar 22, 2013
A big value for the windows phone! Lets you create your own scripts and programs easily for the win phone and start using it right away!!
Mar 18, 2013
I love this app its amazing what can be done in touchdevelop
Mar 15, 2013
I am amazed. Great work, Microsoft Research Team! Thanks.
Mar 14, 2013