Weave News Reader
Nov 4, 2010
news + weather
English (United States)
Rating (current version)
Not yet rated
Publisher's DescriptionThis is the premium version of Weave News Reader. It differs only in that it is completely ad-free. There is no trial version available - please only purchase this if you are already familiar with the free version of Weave and desire an ad-free experience! Thank you,
• Fixed a serious bug that was crashing the app when returning from image-heavy article lists
• Updated API calls to reflect the new Weave service that was rolled out last weekend
• Fixed bug where settings screen would close on navigation
• You can now set a value of "never" for unread article delete time
• Option to set article delete times for read/unread has been added back in
• Now displays 32-bit color instead of 16-bit. May affect performance - please let us know if it does!
• *NOTE* we are listening to all your feedback from the last version. We are working on a bunch of updates to add: new article count back at the top of the article list page, "repeater" buttons for changing pages faster, faster server performance, and a lot more. Thank you for your patience and support these past few years! We are aiming to make Weave the *best* news app out there.
New Cloud API
• Updated to use the new Weave cloud services powered by Windows Azure - a news service similar to Google Reader or Feedly!
• Your feeds and articles are saved in the cloud, accessibly from any Windows 8 or Windows Phone 8 device
• Login via Microsoft, Facebook, Twitter, or Google accounts - your choice!
• Freedom from being forced to use Google (e.g. feedly)
• Article state is synced - articles marked as "read" on one device will be marked as such on your other devices
• Favorite your articles, then view them from any Weave client
• New streamlined Panoramic homescreen layout.
• New article list layout: "Cards". Brings a beautiful new way to browse the news.
• All the old layouts are still available as well, bringing the total 4 different article list layouts
Get it with Microsoft Tag
|Take a pic of the Tag with your Windows Phone 7 device, to download this app from the Marketplace.|
Lost my favorites for the second time, time to move on. Use a different news reader.
Jan 25, 2015
Articles fail to load. This is inexcusable for an app this expensive.
Jan 24, 2015
Crashes on Lumia 830, love the app and hate that it's hit or miss on first install crashing.
Dec 29, 2014
So tired of this not working. Happens every other month. Can't happen for this kind of app. Some of us have professional jobs.
Dec 9, 2014
Update 12-8-14: The app for the last 2 days has not been able to show new articles. Overall, very dissatisfied with the lack of support from the devs, as well as the lack of functional promised features. Especially for how expensive this app is. 5-29-13: While this is my favorite RSS feed reader, I bought the paid version to support the devs and when it advertised "videos formatted to be compatible with Windows Phone within the app". I'd say 20% of the videos are encoded for the app and about 80% of the articles are able to view within the app. With these quirks, it is still the best RSS feed around on any mobile OS.
Dec 8, 2014
Great newsreader - I moved from Google Reader, have about 45 active feeds. Managing feeds is easy. Would be nice to be able to look at feeds individually, instead of ALL NEWS or by CATEGORY. Would be nice to see statistics on feeds (so I can weed out inactive ones). Transition from free app to paid app a major pain - should provide means to upgrade within free app. All that said, indispensable app for me. Update 28-Dec-2013: latest update will not let me mark pages of items as Read, so they continue to show up. THIS MUST BE FIXED. Lumia 920. UPDATE 12/3/14: can't read articles on Lumia 1020 or 2520 - both go to blank IE window, nothing loads, no indication anything is going to load.
Dec 4, 2014
Why is this app so flaky the last few months? Now it appears links are broken in most cases - if you want to get additional info, clicking on the article sends you to the browser without a link so you get nothing. This used to be a great app, but disappoints regularly now. Still no refresh and when returning to the app, many new articles won't show up until you exit Weave and then return again. Bad news for an expensive paid app
Dec 3, 2014
Use this for hours every day. A few bugs but overall a strong capable product. Worth the money but I hope to see continued development.
Nov 23, 2014
11/18/2014 update fixes 8.1.1 lockup/crashing problems. Weave is back to being awesome.
Nov 19, 2014
The app stopped working. Reinstalled and now won't even start !! Please fix it !! Best app ever !!
Nov 19, 2014
Stopped working for me. Sad because this was my daily driver for news. Constantly crashes now.
Nov 17, 2014
I paid $10 for this app. I want a refund. This app doesn't work as advertised because it doesn't work at all. Please give me my refund. I'm a professional programmer and this feels like a fraudulent app posing as a top tier app. Honestly guys, I can make this app on a weekend and mine wouldn't have stupid bugs that stops it from working each time windows phone OS gets updated.
Nov 15, 2014
Weave is the best news aggregator available. Oops, not anymore. Crashes constantly and emails bounce back. Is Weave dead? Where is the developer? It is time to move on and delete Weave. I am settling on Nextgen and phonly. Phonly appears to be more graphical. They both use the same reader.
Oct 26, 2014
Repeatedly crashes with WP 8.1 Developer Preview on Lumia 920.
Oct 25, 2014
After viewing the Celebrity category there were nothing but mostly naked women loading on the live tile. I kept refreshing the app, but still Courtney Stodden (and other women I have never seen and are not celebrities) were still there disgracing my live tile. I had to uninstall and reinstall. I now won't view the Celebrity category again. Don't push **** through the Celebrity category. Remember the live tile is right smack on the front of the phone!!
Oct 24, 2014
As of late this app is not consistent. It works then not works. Needs an update to fix all of the crashing it does.
Oct 23, 2014
No new feeds for two days. Email to developer bounced back due to full email.
Oct 23, 2014
I want to love this app, as it looks to be exactly what I want. Unfortunately, it is broken even after several reinstalls. Constant crashing and loading issues. I've finally had it and am giving up on this app to switch to something more stable.
Oct 20, 2014
Works far better than the free version, but needs more options. Like removing the live tile counter, ability to choose colors for each of the preset layouts, and redesign the start page where it has each source as a moveable and sizeable tile. A $10 app should be more advance. Other than that, no performance issues.
Oct 19, 2014
This update screwed things up pretty badly, nothing works any more 😔
Oct 1, 2014