Weave News Reader
Nov 4, 2010
news + weather
English (United States)
Rating (current version)
Not yet rated
Publisher's Description*Windows Phone 8 version!* This is the premium version of Weave News Reader. It differs only in that it is completely ad-free. There is no trial version available - please only purchase this if you are already familiar with the free version of Weave and desire an ad-free experience! Thank you,
• Mobilizer view has been re-stylized. Enjoy the beautiful new reading experience!
• Option to set article delete times for read/unread has been added back in
• Now displays 32-bit color instead of 16-bit. May affect performance - please let us know if it does!
• Fixed the ad control
• *NOTE* we are listening to all your feedback from the last version. We are working on a bunch of updates to add: new article count back at the top of the article list page, "repeater" buttons for changing pages faster, faster server performance, and a lot more. Thank you for your patience and support these past few years! We are aiming to make Weave the *best* news app out there.
New Cloud API
• Updated to use the new Weave cloud services powered by Windows Azure - a news service similar to Google Reader or Feedly!
• Your feeds and articles are saved in the cloud, accessibly from any Windows 8 or Windows Phone 8 device
• Login via Microsoft, Facebook, Twitter, or Google accounts - your choice!
• Freedom from being forced to use Google (e.g. feedly)
• Article state is synced - articles marked as "read" on one device will be marked as such on your other devices
• Favorite your articles, then view them from any Weave client
• View all your previously read articles
• New streamlined Panoramic homescreen layout.
• New article list layout: "Cards". Brings a beautiful new way to browse the news.
• All the old layouts are still available as well, bringing the total 4 different article list layouts
Get it with Microsoft Tag
|Take a pic of the Tag with your Windows Phone 7 device, to download this app from the Marketplace.|
Was signed out of my Microsoft account and cannot sign back in - "Were unable to complete your request. Microsoft account is experiencing technical problems. Please try again later." uninstalled and reinstalled - still same issue. PLEASE FIX
Mar 8, 2014
This app used to be perfect with live tile updates. Since the last major update live tiles are broken. They never show the current unread articles anymore. It crashes constantly. Please fix this.
Mar 4, 2014
Fantastic news reader
Feb 15, 2014
Definitely worth the price. I love the face that it is powered by the Microsoft Azure cloud and syncs across my phone,tab, and computer. Really fast and snappy. I just hope you continue to update the app and approve that is why I supported it. (I also can't stand ads)
Feb 7, 2014
Feb 5, 2014
I find this to be one of my go to apps throughout the day.
Jan 22, 2014
Used to be a great app but recent updates have broken the live tile and other features.
Jan 13, 2014
Tile notification doesn't work properly after the new design. And overall still prefer the old one. Maybe cos just used to the ui
Jan 12, 2014
After last update is so bad, never updates live tile and crashed all the time. was 5stars before. So now I'm waiting for next update because WEAVE is the best news feed.
Jan 6, 2014
Was perfect, now never uodates when entering, need to manually refresh every time. Please fix.
Dec 31, 2013
Was a 5 star news feed,now its just a dead shell that crashes on open. Please fix.
Dec 30, 2013
Was, and remains the best.
Dec 29, 2013
Great newsreader - I moved from Google Reader, have about 45 active feeds. Managing feeds is easy. Would be nice to be able to look at feeds individually, instead of ALL NEWS or by CATEGORY. Would be nice to see statistics on feeds (so I can weed out inactive ones). Transition from free app to paid app a major pain - should provide means to upgrade within free app. All that said, indispensable app for me. Update 28-Dec-2013: latest update will not let me mark pages of items as Read, so they continue to show up. THIS MUST BE FIXED. Lumia 920.
Dec 28, 2013
The update broke my settings to delete news that are over a day old. Not a solid update unfortunately.
Dec 28, 2013
Latest update: slow, doesn't tell number of new articles in list view, hangs up when switching to web view, and the live tile stopped updating.. Might be time to find a new news reader app.; shame because I liked using this across my WP, desktop, and tablet. Update: UI looks great, utilizes W8 styling better, live tile is nice; but, it's not as functional now - no offline article support, videos don't always appear in app, a lot of articles can't open in app, etc.
Dec 28, 2013
Just updated to the new version and I am unable to move to the next page in lists.
Dec 27, 2013
The best way to keep up on news from different websites. I use this app ever single day and I love it. The new update on 12-26-13 makes articles look amazing with bigger, sharper images. The app runs very smoothly and gives me no problems. Highly recommend this app if you want to keep up on news from around the world. #Lumia 1520
Dec 27, 2013
I love this app, my only problem is that I just lost ALL my favorites when I updated! I guess when it synced it erased everything 😞
Dec 26, 2013
This is a great app. I get the majority of the news I am looking for and can customize topics to my specific preferences. It is the best news reader that I have found for Windows Phone.
Dec 26, 2013
Paid 9 bucks, would do it again and again. Needs a UI refresh at this point but works great. Categories are too small to hit, the panorama functionality with latest news fairly useless. Otherwise GREAT.
Dec 6, 2013